If you’re new to game development or just want to play around with a game engine, the Unreal Engine is one of the best. It’s free to use and design projects in as long as you don’t earn above a certain amount of money. For that reason, it’s incredibly popular and today we’ll be helping you install it to join the ranks of those who toy with what it can do.
Create an Epic Games Account
If you don’t already have an account you’ll need to create one.
- Go to Unreal Engine.com or Epic Games.com
- Click Get Unreal or Get Epic Games
- (If you used Unreal Engine.com) Fill out the Join the Community form and click the Sign Up button. You’ll also need to agree to the EULA
- The launcher should now be installing
One you’ve downloaded the launcher, you’ll also need to Install it.
- Let the launcher download
- Launch it and run the installer
- Click the Install button
- Leave it alone and let the launcher install
Sign in to the launcher
Use your credentials to sign int to the Epic Games Launcher which has now been downloaded to your computer.
Installing the Unreal Engine
If you’ve already got the Epic Games Launcher installed then this is where you need to start this guide from. If you’ve just signed into the launcher for the first time, congratulations! You now have access to a new platform where you can download and purchase several games from in addition to where the Unreal Engine is located.
- Click the Unreal Engine tab which should be the first option in the menu
- Press the Install Engine button to download and install the most up-to-date version of the Unreal Engine.
- Read and accept the EULA
- Wait for it to download
Congratulations! We’re finished! To launch the Unreal Engine you just need to press the Launch button which has now replaced the Install Engine button.
contribute! Or, please check out our affiliation with Amazon, and their current deals.
Please, keep your comments family friendly and respectful of each other and the author.