The creators of the popular and well-loved SkyUI have released the mod for Skyrim Special Edition. This mode has finally been published as the Skyrim Script Extender has finally entered it’s Alpha stage.
For those who don’t know, the Skyrim Script Extender is a mod that expands the scripting capabilities of Skrim. Many popular Skyrim mods actually use and rely on this tool to work. Including the SkyUI mod. SkyUI is a is a simple mod that applies a PC friendly user interface and menus to Skyrim. It essentially replaces the console-focused functions with a more PC friendly UI. This is potentially one of the most popular Skyrim mods to ever exist and many PC users always play the game with this mod activated.
The creator of SkyUI states that the mod is now in an “unsupported alpha version for testing” which essentially means that the mod is still currently in testing and may not be stable. The page for the mod on the Nexus states that “use at your own risk” meaning that there could still be some major issues with the mod at this time. Nexus Mods user shlangster offers a breakdown of what this means for those who are still confused:
* SkyUI requires SKSE64, which is currently still in alpha, so SkyUI simply inherits that state.
* It is a feature-complete release. All features of the non-SE version should be working.
* There are no installation instructions yet. If you need help settings things up, you should wait for a stable release.
* Only short-term testing was done, so there might still be undiscovered bugs. Please report any issues you find.
* Updates might not be backward compatible. If everything goes well, they will. But if not, be prepared to go back to an earlier save
So in short, SkyUI could just be very buggy when used for long periods of time. As a result, users should be prepared to lose everything and go back to an earlier save if there are major bugs.
If you’d like to check out the mod anyway then you can find it here.If you enjoyed our material please contribute! Or, please check out our affiliation with Amazon, and their current deals.
Please, keep your comments family friendly and respectful of each other and the author.